General FAQs of Meningioma Treatment for Brain
The Meningioma brain tumor is broadly classified as:
• Grade 1: They grow often but gradually increase and have no chance of returning after the treatment.
• Grade 2: Gradually increases but rare chances of returning after treatment.
• Grade 3: Rarely grows and high chances of coming back even after the treatment.
Meningioma Surgery depends upon various factors like:
• Growth rate
• Medical history
• Symptoms if causing problems
Meningioma surgeon will perform the treatments like radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery on the patient suffering from Meningioma.
• Surgery: It is considered as the best treatment as our experts have a good hand in removing the tumor from the root, through surgery which does not allow growing again. After surgery also patient are suggested to visit for follow check-ups.
• Radiation therapy: In this, a high beam of light is passed on the tumor which breaks the tumor into pieces. It is performed only in non-surgical cases.
• Chemotherapy: It is rarely used in Meningioma treatment. Only certain cases are being dealt with chemo. The chemotherapy is given outside the Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB) so that the chemo drugs can reach on to the point.
Your meningioma surgeon will suggest you the follow up care along with the following:
• Prescribed medications to be taken on time.
• Complete recommended diet required to be followed.
• Emotional and Physical support is required.
• Support and encouragement are what the patient needs after Meningioma Surgery.