General FAQs of Hip Resurfacing Treatment
To avoid prolonged illness from arthritis and severe injury, Hip Resurfacing is recommended.
Number of days in hospital: 5
Number of days in India: 16
- During this procedure, an incision is made in the hip and damaged bone and cartilage present in a socket is removed and replaced with metal, plastics and a ceramic component.
- The femoral bone is not removed instead trimmed and a cap is placed.
- The incision is closed with sutures which will get dissolved in the skin.
- Staples will be removed within 48 hours.
- The patient will be discharged from the hospital in two to three days.
- The patient should do slow exercises for the speedy recovery.
- No heavy weight lifting or strenuous work should be performed by patients.
- It helps in walking.
- Cures prolonged arthritis illness.
- Cures severe accidental injury.
Hip resurfacing costs will be 9700-11,000 USD approximately.