General FAQs of TLIF Surgery
TLIF is a type of spinal fusion which is performed for spinal stability and to get a correct posture.
In India: 20 days
In Hospital: 1 week
Before undergoing spinal fusion surgery, our ortho surgeons perform different tests, which are as follows:
- Radiography: It is done to check the instability of the spine.
- MRI, CAT, and Myelogram: It is done to check the nerve compression.
- EMG: It is done to check the nerve function.
- TLIF is performed in the posterior part of the spine. An incision is made in the lumbar, and surgical hardware is applied to keep the fusion rate higher.
- Screw and rods are attached in the spine, and the fusion spacer is inserted in the spine from the side.
- A bone graft is taken from the hip area and placed in the interbody and then fusion of the vertebra performed.
- In autologous, the bone graft is taken from the pelvis of the patient.
- The fusion of the vertebra is done from above and below to form a long straight bone.
- Prescribed medication should be taken.
- Walking is recommended after surgery.
- Regular check-ups.
- Avoid strenuous exercises.
Benefits of TLIF Lumbar level includes:
- Provides correct posture
- The spacer inserted in the spine gives relief from the pain caused by nerve compression
- TLIF helps in reducing the injury and scarring around the nerve roots
TLIF surgery costs estimate 6000-8500 USD.
The factors on which TLIF surgery cost depends on are the treatment country, hospital charges, stay, accommodation, the type of metal and plates used in the surgery, etc.