General FAQs Of IVF Treatment
- It is a monthly procedure which starts with fertility medications to help your ovaries to produce eggs enough for fertilization.
- A process called Egg Retrieval is performed surgically in which the eggs from the woman body is removed.
- The patient’s male partner is advised to submit sperm in a container for the insemination for fertilization.
- After a couple of days, eggs from female and sperm of male are mixed in a special container.
- If there is low mobility sperm then they get inseminated directly into eggs for the fertilization.
- As the eggs get fertilized they will convert into embryos and the doctor will transfer the embryo through a thin tube into the uterus directly where the embryo will grow into a baby.
- This success rate is good in the fertility treatments and is recommended by our doctors.
- The procedure is safe and time-saving as well.
- There are about 25-30% chances that a woman gets pregnant in her first IVF treatment cycle.
- Nearly six cycles are done to perform this treatment to check the pregnancy rate.
- After every cycle, signs, and symptoms of pregnancy are checked by our expert gynaecologists.
In India: 30 days
In Hospital: It takes 2-3 hours to a day
IVF cost estimates $3,500-$5,000.
- The success rate is low while trying to get pregnant through traditional methods.
- Unable to get pregnant even after artificial insemination.
Once the woman gets pregnant then different medications and tests for pregnancy are performed.
- IVF is successful in patients suffering from PCOD, endometriosis.
- IVF has a higher success rate.
- Unused eggs can be used for another IVF transfer procedure.