General FAQs Of Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery
Based on your medical reports if you are diagnosed with a condition which requires Deep Brain Stimulation, then the treatment will start. It is not mandatory that for Parkinson’s treatment, brain stimulation therapy is needed.
Initially, the electrodes will be placed on the forehead, and the procedure starts. The signal begins transmitting, which cause a tingling effect.
It depends on your case, symptoms, and the body’s response rate.
The patient will undergo Brain stimulation therapy in the following conditions:
- Parkinson’s treatment
- Chronicle Pain
- Essential Tremor
- Severe depression, as well as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
A few days before the therapy, the patient is required to undergo several tests, such as:
- Blood test
- Chest X-ray, etc.
- MRI scan of the brain is conducted to chalk out the sections of the brain where the electrodes will be implanted.
- Intake of all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines and activities like smoking, drinking, and chewing tobacco are strictly denied as it may lead to bleeding problems.
- Anti-infection medication will be given.
- After the chest wall surgery, the doctor will activate and program the device implanted in your chest using the remote control.
- Depending on your condition, you can control the device.
- You will have to visit your doctor regularly to check if the device is working efficiently.
Number of days in India: 1 month
Number of days in hospital: 1 week
The estimate deep brain stimulation cost starts from 22,000 USD. Deep brain stimulation cost may increase or decrease depends on several other cost factors.
Deep brain stimulation cost depends on the factors like treatment country cost, hospital charges, accommodation, stay, food, etc.