General FAQs of Lumbar Decompression Surgery
Neurosurgeons perform Lumbar Decompression surgery in the following conditions:
• Severe pain in lower back
• Walking problems
• Numbness in legs and thighs
• When body balance is out of control
• Improper physical texture
Lumbar decompression cost estimates 4000-7000 USD.
Lumbar Decompression surgery is performed in three different ways, which are as follows:
• Lumbar Laminectomy: In this, one of the vertebrae from the spine is removed and replaced with the affected bone to get the relief from the pain.
• Discectomy: In this, a section from the lumbar area is removed to relieve from compression which causes pain in the backbone.
• Spinal Fusion: In this, the fusion of spinal bones is performed to provide strength and stabilization to the spine.
• Prescribed medication should be taken.
• Walking is recommended after surgery.
• Regular check-ups.
• Avoid strenuous exercises.
Benefits of Lumbar Decompression:
• Lumbar is the lower region, so after surgery walking is suggested to get the correct posture.
• Lumbar Decompression is performed so that the patient can get relief from long time pain.
After the Lumbar Decompression surgery, the patient will get ease from pain and he found no difficulty in walking, sitting and can perform daily routine activities.