General FAQs of Hip Replacement Treatment
When a patient suffers from prolonged arthritis which starts causing pain while sitting and affecting routine work in the hip region then Hip Replacement Surgery is recommended to regain his mobility.
Number of days in hospital: 5-6
Number of days in India: 20
The following factors are involved in Hip Replacement:
- Walking problems
- Painful arthritis
- Disturbances in performing routine work
- Aching during sleep or while resting
- Continuous pain in the hip joint
Before surgery, special consultation is required if the patient has a history of haemophilia, cancer, transplants, infectious diseases. A complete medical check-up is required before lying on the operating table so as to avoid any complications.
- Total Hip Replacement: During this surgery, complete replacement of femoral head and acetabulum is done. The replacement is performed by removing the original hip joint with a metal and plastic made the hip joint.
- Partial Hip Replacement: During this surgery, the only femoral head is removed and replaced with the original one.
- After the surgery gets completed, the patient will be discharged within two to three days. It takes around six months to one year to recover completely from the surgery. A patient needs to take care of following things to get into normal life:
- Regular physical exercise.
- Methods of sitting and walking affect post-surgery.
- Visit doctors for follow up.
- Eat meals on time by sitting properly to avoid any future damage.
- The patient will be able to walk properly in approximately six months.
- Regular slow exercise brings mobility on hips.
- Less pressure workout is suggested even after a year gap to avoid any complications.
- Quick recovery
- Less pain after surgery
- Less damage of tissues and muscles during hip surgery
- Reduce the risk of chronic health conditions
Hip replacement costs will be 5500-9000 USD approximately.