General FAQs of Heart Valve Replacement Surgery
The heart has 4 valves (aortic, pulmonary, tricuspid and mitral) and if the blood in any of the valves is blocked, then it is unable to flow in the correct direction and can cause heart failure or sudden cardiac death in extreme cases. In such cases, Valve Replacement surgery of the heart is recommended.
The aortic valve repair takes around three to four hours.
- Heart Valve Replacement surgery is important for blood flow in unidirectional, so as to pass the blood and oxygen from the heart to other organs of the body in a proper manner.
- The mitral valve surgery and aortic valve surgery is performed to repair and replace the damaged valves (aortic valve and mitral valve) with an artificial valve and to make it functional.
Heart Valve Replacement surgery is performed on aortic valve and mitral valve which are as follows:
- Mitral Valve Repair: Opening of the mitral valve ensures the flow of blood from left atrium to the left ventricle, and closure keeps blood from flowing backward. If mitral valve does not close properly, the blood will leak back into the left atrium causing mitral regurgitation.
- Aortic Valve Surgery: Opening of aortic valve ensures the flow of blood from the heart to the aorta, and closure keeps blood from flowing backward. When the artery becomes insufficient or partially blocked then Aortic Valve Surgery is recommended.
- Improved quality of life
- Patient becomes more physically active
- Functioning of the heart will be better
- Lowers the risk of infections
Mechanical valves works for approximately 25 years and tissue valve lasts for 15 years.
Regular follow ups and medications will be prescribed to you so as to prevent from any type of heart valve disease.
After valve replacement surgery gets done you can get back to your normal life after two to three months with simple precautions.
The estimate mitral valve replacement cost is 7400-7800 USD.
The estimate aortic valve replacement cost is 7400-7800 USD.
After Mitral Valve Replacement And Aortic Valve Replacement you need to take following precautions:
- To take prescribed medications without fail.
- Regular check-ups to avoid any complications.
- Consult dietician after valve replacement surgery