General FAQs of Coronary Angioplasty Treatment
If you have blocked artery, then percutaneous coronary intervention is considered as the best option to recover from the blockage of the blood vessels.
Number of days in India: 10
Number of days in Hospital: 1-2
It is performed surgically on the heart by placing a stent in it which removes the blockage from the blood vessels of the heart.
The tentative coronary angioplasty cost starts from 941 USD.
The points to be considered in assessing coronary angioplasty cost involves stay in India and hospital, stent and type of stent, etc.
All the tests will confirm if you require Coronary Angioplasty or not.
Angiography testing is an X-ray and radiographic technique in which the dye is placed on the heart to determine the blockage of the blood vessels.
An experienced cardiologist performs PCI, and depending on the severity of the condition can last up to 90 minutes.
Based on the type of instrument used, the procedure can be categorized as follows:
- Balloon Coronary Angioplasty
- Laser Coronary Angioplasty
- Atherectomy Coronary Angioplasty
Your concerned cardiologist will prescribe you the medications which may or may not contain blood thinners depending on your condition.
After placing stents, it will almost remove the symptoms of angina but in case of regular check-ups or on later stage if any medical problem will occur then, the second stent can be placed to avoid any other complication.
The patient has to stay at least for a day in the hospital, during which the heart condition is closely monitored. Full recovery generally takes about 6 to 8 weeks.
- After the procedure, the doctor will recommend:
- Drinking plenty of water to flush out the dye used during the process
- Avoid extreme physical activity for at least a few weeks
- Taking blood thinning medications, regularly, for life
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Control diabetes and blood pressure
- Avoid smoking
The cardiologist for angioplasty surgery recommended by Doctors Plus will suggest you lead a healthy lifestyle by following these steps:
- Quit smoking
- Intake of healthy and freshly prepared food
- Having less cholesterol
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Maintaining normal blood pressure
- Regular exercise to maintain the BMI after some days of
- Angioplasty surgery